- A Grave Interest
- Barking Up Our Family Tree
- Le Maison Duchamp
- Stuck Family Of Indiana - Genealogy
- Your Story Is Waiting
- Appalachia Ponderings
- In the shade of my family tree
- Minnesota Family Historian
- The Arrowood Trail Thru the Mountains
- The Checkered Chicken
- The Moyer Mysteries & Histories
- More Than Names
- My Georgia Roots
- Heritage Heart
- Kentucky Kinfolk
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Ok. So, I'm not really sure what to think about BLOG AWARDS. I've gotten two this week.
I like my blog. My husband thinks it is soooo professional! But, he hasn't seen many blogs so, Hmmmm.
First I received the "Family Tree Magazine Top 40 Genealogy Blogs" award and I don't know who nominated me and, I don't know who all voted for me but, wow, I'm kinda weirded out by that. Really, REALLY humbling. "Thanks" doesn't seem to quite do it but, I don't know what else to say. Unless....like my husband, maybe y'all haven't seen the OTHER blogs!
Today, I received the "One Lovely Blog" award from Ros at GenWestUK. Thanks Ros! ...but, "Lovely"? Hmmmm! A certain eye appeal maybe...to ME. Never thought about lovely though. I've SEEN lovely blogs. I KNOW what they look like.
But LOVELY is in the eye of the beholder, right? Ok!
So, there are rules that come with the One Lovely Blog Award and they are:
1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who granted the award and their blog link.
2. Pass the award on to 15 other blogs that you've newly discovered.
3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
Newly discovered? Oh...I see. They don't mention they have to be "lovely", just newly discovered. Check.
My 15 newly discovered (and, actually, quite love.r.ly) blogs are...
My thanks to the entire community of geneabloggers and readers! Y'all are a FUN group!