Monday, April 30, 2012

Military Monday: Army Discharge - L. E. Runyan


Lawrence Everett Runyan was my maternal grandfather. He served in the U. S. Army in World War I as Private First Class, in Co. M, 78th Infantry at Camp Custer, Michigan. He enlisted on August 29, 1918 in New Castle, Indiana at the age of 25 and was honorably discharged five months later on January 21, 1919  These are his original discharge papers, now in my possession.

My grandfather dearly loved to fish, which is evident from the permit stamps on these papers placed there over the years.

Inside (or front) of Army Discharge paper of Lawrence E. Runyan

Outside portion (or back) of Army Discharge paper of Lawrence E. Runyan

Lawrence's Army induction papers can be seen at this link:


SHARE

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! I have become very interested in WWI and it is neat to see a real set of these documents.

    ReplyDelete