Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tombstone Tuesday: Mary "Polly" (Price) Gollaher


Mary, wife of B. A. Gollaher 1804-1873
Photos take by me in 1998

Original tombstone, broken in pieces

Pleasant Grove Cemetery, Larue Co., Kentucky 1998

Newer, double tombstone of Mary and her husband Austin Gollaher
Pleasant Grove Cemetery, Larue Co., Kentucky 1998


Pleasant Grove Baptist Church
White City, Larue Co., Kentucky 1998

Austin and Mary were the maternal 3rd great grandparents of my husband Mike. Mike descends from their daughter Elizabeth (Gollaher) Melvin, wife of Nathan L. R. Melvin. While these photos were taken in 1998, we were there again earlier this year photographing mostly Melvin tombstones that I did not yet have in my collection from this cemetery.

This is the fifth in a series of six daily blog posts I am doing on Benjamin Austin Gollaher, the maternal 3rd great grandfather of my husband Mike. Previous posts on Gollaher (done before this series) can be seen at the links below:


SHARE

No comments:

Post a Comment