Friday, May 28, 2010

Fast Friday! Townsend Photo



~Great, great Grandpa and Grandma Townsend~

Ok, so I made up my own Friday theme today, but my daughter and grandchildren are on their way from Georgia for a long Memorial Day weekend visit and I have much to do before they arrive in just two hours! Therefore this post must be FAST, very fast!

Today I have this wonderful photo of my great, great grandparents Lewis and Mary Ann Patterson Townsend who were the subject of my Wordless Wednesday blog this week. This photo was sent to me some years ago from one of my very few actual first cousins (I have only two!) Sharon Messmore Gerth. Thank you Sharon, I will be eternally grateful for ALL the photos you have copied for me!

Lewis and Mary Ann lived most of their lives in Sefton Township and later, Otego Township in Fayette Co., Illinois.

Lewis Townsend 1837-1927, Mary Ann Patterson Townsend 1843-1936

SHARE

2 comments:

  1. Awesome picture! I love how their legs look transparent. ~Spooky~ Plus great facial hair for Lewis! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...there IS something going on at leg level! Looks like something was transposed during copying. This was from an old postcard photo and I'm told the entire house could be seen but the people were so tiny you couldn't really see their faces, hence a magnified copy was made.

    ReplyDelete