Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday: Achsah Jackson Davis 1796 - 1877






Biblical Reference for the given name "Achsah"....



Joshua 15: 17-19 Caleb said,
"Whoever attacks Kiriath-sepher and takes it,
to him I will give my daughter Achsah as wife."
Othniel son of Kenaz, the brother of Caleb, took it;
and he gave him his daughter Achsah as wife.
When she came to him, she urged him to ask her father for a field.
As she dismounted from her donkey, Caleb said to her,
"What do you wish?"
She said to him,
"Give me a present.
Since you have set me in the land of the Negeb,
give me springs of water as well."
So Caleb gave her the upper springs and the lower springs.


Achsah Jackson, my paternal fourth great grandmother, was born April 4, 1796 in Ashe Co., North Carolina. She married James Davis on September 16, 1819 in Washington Co., Virginia and died September 12, 1877 in Pulaski Co., Kentucky. Children: Sarah Ann, John L., William J., Francis K., Forney J., Dorcas B., Frances, and Mary Jane. Buried Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, Pulaski Co., Kentucky.

















SHARE

No comments:

Post a Comment